Let's Get Grant Ready:
Your Custom Roadmap to Grant Success
Taught by Patrice Davis, a federal grants expert with 15+ years of experience managing federal and other government grants from over 20 agencies
Is your organization grant ready?
If not, let’s eliminate the confusion and uncover exactly what steps you need to take to become grant ready.
What is the training about?
The organization has been bootstrapping to cover expenses, donations and other revenue have been inconsistent, and fundraising events have been unpredictable.
What if you could access grants to expand the organization’s capacity to serve more and impact more communities?
Is your organization grant ready?
If not, let’s eliminate the confusion and uncover exactly what steps you need to take to become grant ready. Instead of feeling overwhelmed, this one-hour training will arm you with a custom toolkit so the organization can become grant ready.LEARN MORE
Our staff has managed over $129 million in government grants from:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- City of Atlanta, DeKalb and Fulton counties, Georgia
- Georgia Department of Community Affairs
- King County, Washington
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- National Park Service
- National Science Foundation
- U. S. Agency for International Development
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U. S. Department of Justice
Has worked with:
Who is this training for?
- Business leaders interested in pursuing federal and other government grants
- Nonprofit grant managers and fundraising staff of emerging nonprofit organizations
- Executive directors and other senior leaders of newly-established nonprofit organizations
- Board members
- Nonprofit finance and administrative staff
What you will learn
- You will develop your own Grant Readiness Plan during the planning session.
- You will identify potential community partners
- You will complete a detailed ‘grant readiness’ checklist to know what your specific next steps are
- You will learn the ‘why it is needed’ as well as the ‘what is needed’ on the road to grant readiness
- You will learn the critical “can’t avoid” actions to take
My name is Patrice Davis and I am the founder and CEO of Grants Works, a grant consulting company, and the lead trainer for Grants Works Academy.
I have over 13 years of experience managing or overseeing federal grants for large and small nonprofits, a top research university, and I reviewed grant continuation applications when I was employed at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
I managed federal awards as a recipient, subrecipient, pass-through entity and my work as a federal employee helped inform my experience.
Since 2005, I successfully administered over $129 million in federal, state and county grant funding from 17 city, county, state and federal agencies.
I provided training on Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200), HHS’ adoption of Uniform Guidance (45 CFR 75) and managing grant-funded travel. I am also a fiscal consultant during site monitoring visits of federal recipients of grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration.
I am a member of the National Grant Management Association, Grant Professionals Association, and Georgia Grant Professionals Association.
As Featured in:
Frequently Asked Questions