How to Apply for and Manage A Federal Grant
Using over 50 detailed and beautifully designed slides, you’ll get a solid overview of how to apply for and manage federal grants.
What is it about?
Don’t miss this replay of a detailed one hour webinar hosted in September 2021 that will teach you the ‘must know’ basics of federal grants.
Using over 50 detailed and beautifully designed slides, you’ll get a solid overview of how to apply for and manage federal grants and an in-depth summary of the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund authorized by the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.
You’ll get all the PowerPoint slides, all audio recorded during the Zoom webinar, and all comments and Q&A in the Zoom chat.ACCESS NOW
Who is this training for?
- For anyone who is aware of American Rescue Plan Act funding and is interested in applying for government funding for the organization’s programs or services
- You lead an organization that recently received a federal grant and you’re stymied by the rules, regulations, and guidelines
- You are a procurement official and you want to further explore the differences between government contracts and government grants
- Your organization has a grant writer and development staff with fantastic private sector grant experience but no federal or other government grant experience (yet)
- You believe your organization is “government grant ready” and want to learn how to get started
What will you learn?
- You will learn about federal grants, federal grantmaking agencies, and the types of programs and projects that are funded by grants
- You will learn what steps to take to apply for a federal grant
- You will understand the difference between a grant writer and a grant manager
- You will understand what a Notice of Funding Opportunity or solicitation is and some key details you can quickly identify
- You will understand what activities are undertaken during the post-award stage of the grant lifecycle
- You will receive an overview of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021, the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund and the types of programs and projects that are currently being funded and those yet to be funded
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens after I purchase?
Do you accept refunds?
When will the next LIVE class be offered?
What do I need for this class?
Will there be a workbook, ebook, or other resources?
How long will I be able to access the course?
What other government grant training is available?
My name is Patrice Davis and I am the founder and CEO of Grants Works, a grant consulting company, and the lead trainer for Grants Works Academy.
I have over 13 years of experience managing or overseeing federal grants for large and small nonprofits, a top research university, and I reviewed grant continuation applications when I was employed at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
I managed federal awards as a recipient, subrecipient, pass-through entity and my work as a federal employee helped inform my experience.
Since 2005, I successfully administered over $129 million in federal, state and county grant funding from 17 city, county, state and federal agencies.
I provided training on Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200), HHS’ adoption of Uniform Guidance (45 CFR 75) and managing grant-funded travel. I am also a fiscal consultant during site monitoring visits of federal recipients of grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration.
I am a member of the National Grant Management Association, Grant Professionals Association, and Georgia Grant Professionals Association.
Our staff has managed over $129 million in government grants from:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- City of Atlanta, DeKalb and Fulton counties, Georgia
- Georgia Department of Community Affairs
- King County, Washington
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- National Park Service
- National Science Foundation
- U. S. Agency for International Development
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U. S. Department of Justice
The total investment? Just $39
Learn the ‘must know’ basics of federal grants, understand what a Notice of Funding Opportunity or solicitation is, and get a detailed overview of the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021.ACCESS REPLAY NOW