Federal Grants Basics
Using engaging visual design, light animation, and recorded online demonstrations, Grants Works takes the learner through the federal grant lifecycle with training designed to be recipient-centered.
What is it about?
The Federal Grant Management Training series is a self-guided, three-video training series designed to provide government grantees with the information needed to ensure the successful and compliant management of federal grants and cooperative agreements. This is the first module in the training series.ACCESS NOW
This training is divided into 3 modules:
Federal Grants Basics
Notice of Award, Award Budget, and Subrecipients
Federal Grant Management
Our staff has managed over $129 million in government grants from:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- City of Atlanta, DeKalb and Fulton counties, Georgia
- Georgia Department of Community Affairs
- King County, Washington
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- National Park Service
- National Science Foundation
- U. S. Agency for International Development
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U. S. Department of Justice
Who is this training for?
- Recipients or subrecipients of government grants
- Consultants and business development specialists with clients interested in pursuing American Rescue Plan Act and other government grant funds
- Nonprofit executive leadership interested in pursuing government grants to fund programs and services
- City, county or state government employees with little or no federal grant management experience
- New or seasoned grant managers with little or no experience with government grants
- Grant writers who want to expand on their knowledge of government grant writing and applications
What you will learn
- You will know what a federal grant is
- You will know the difference between discretionary and formula grants
- You will understand the grants lifecycle from the perspective of the awardee and the federal agency
- You will also understand the federal grant application process
- You will learn how to review a solicitation to identify some of the key areas
- We will review several online tools and portals used by the federal government
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens after I purchase?
Do you accept refunds?
When will the next LIVE class be offered?
What do I need for this class?
Will there be a workbook, ebook, or other resources?
How long will I be able to access the course?
How do I access the other modules?
My name is Patrice Davis and I am the founder and CEO of Grants Works, a grant consulting company, and the lead trainer for Grants Works Academy.
I have over 13 years of experience managing or overseeing federal grants for large and small nonprofits, a top research university, and I reviewed grant continuation applications when I was employed at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
I managed federal awards as a recipient, subrecipient, pass-through entity and my work as a federal employee helped inform my experience.
Since 2005, I successfully administered over $129 million in federal, state and county grant funding from 17 city, county, state and federal agencies.
I provided training on Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200), HHS’ adoption of Uniform Guidance (45 CFR 75) and managing grant-funded travel. I am also a fiscal consultant during site monitoring visits of federal recipients of grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration.
I am a member of the National Grant Management Association, Grant Professionals Association, and Georgia Grant Professionals Association.
The total investment? Just $159
You get instant access to a well-designed and animated training video, The ULTIMATE Government Grant Application Checklist, The ULTIMATE Grant Wordbook, a class workbook and more.
Learn the roles and responsibilities in federal grant management and how to be good stewards of federal awards.ACCESS MODULE 1 NOW