The ULTIMATE Government Grant Application Checklist
Developed by Patrice Davis, a federal grants expert with 15+ years of experience managing federal and other government grants from over 20 agencies
The Ultimate Government Grant Application Checklist
positions your organization for pre-award preparedness.
Grants Works is offering you:
The Ultimate Government Grant Application Checklist to position your organization for pre-award preparedness.
If you have ever attempted to apply for a city, county, state, or federal government grant, you know it can seem like a daunting task. There’s the multi-page grant announcement, the forms, and what seems like an unending list of prerequisites and attachments.
The Grants Works team has compiled what we believe may be the ultimate government grant application checklist and we’re sharing it with you.
Not only do we provide the application checklist, we’re also listing a few tasks to help jumpstart the post-award process.GET IT NOW
Our staff has successfully applied for and managed over $131 million in government grants from:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- City of Atlanta, DeKalb and Fulton counties, Georgia
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Georgia Department of Community Affairs
- King County, Washington
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- National Institutes of Health
- National Park Service
- National Science Foundation
- U. S. Agency for International Development
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Energy
- U. S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- U. S. Department of Justice
Who is this checklist for?
- Consultants and business development specialists
- Nonprofit executive leaders who are seeking government grants to fund programs and services
- New or seasoned grant managers
- Grant writers
- Local and state government officials
What you will learn
- You’ll know the required documents and several actions to take before beginning a government grant application
- Which specific government portal to use to submit the application (It’s not always submitted via Grants.gov)
- Help developing a grant application plan
- Several post-award actions you will need to take to effectively manage the client
My name is Patrice Davis and I am the founder and CEO of Grants Works, a grant consulting company, and the lead trainer for Grants Works Academy.
I have over 13 years of experience managing or overseeing federal grants for large and small nonprofits, a top research university, and I reviewed grant continuation applications when I was employed at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
I managed federal awards as a recipient, subrecipient, pass-through entity and my work as a federal employee helped inform my experience.
Since 2005, I successfully administered over $129 million in federal, state and county grant funding from 17 city, county, state and federal agencies.
I provided training on Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200), HHS’ adoption of Uniform Guidance (45 CFR 75) and managing grant-funded travel. I am also a fiscal consultant during site monitoring visits of federal recipients of grants from the Health Resources and Services Administration.
I am a member of the National Grant Management Association, Grant Professionals Association, and Georgia Grant Professionals Association.